Fast & efficient estimates with the LMN Estimating Marketplace
Category Defaults will assist with pricing consistency among categorized items added to your Material Catalog from the Estimating Marketplace. The default pricing which can be set up per category will apply a Shipping & Warranty Factor, Purchase Tax, and Profit Margin (if different than budget) per category.
To create or edit an existing category to apply defaults, follow these steps:
- Click the Item Catalog | Categories menu.
- Click the +New button to add a new material category. To edit existing, click Edit.
- Add your Category name and setup defaults if applicable per Category.
- Shipping Factor - defaults to '0'
- Enter a cost percentage factor for shipping. If shipping charges are typically 5% of the total value of the materials, enter ‘5%’.
- Warranty Factor - defaults to '0'
- Enter a warranty cost factor as a percentage. If you expect to warranty 3% of your installations, enter ‘3%’.
- Purchase Tax - defaults to Purchasing Tax setup
- If the Purchasing Tax for a Category is different than your defaults taxes, change to appropriate tax.
- Profit Margin - defaults to Profit Margin from Budget
- If you wish a Category to be assigned a profit margin different than your budget default, enter the desired profit margin % here. Your profit should be expressed as a percentage (e.g. 15%) or as a decimal (.15). You can skip this column if you wish everything to be priced according to your budget default profit margin.
- The Category defaults can be overridden when adding Material Item from Estimating Marketplace, by editing the individual material, or when exporting materials to update pricing in bulk.