Obviously you can't schedule storm cleanups or snow and ice work ahead of time..
LMN Scheduling lets you build what's called an Unscheduled Route. Unscheduled routes are lists of jobs and tasks in a specific order, that can be added to the calendar at any time in just a few clicks.
You can create predefined plow and salting routes for your crews. When an event approaches, you simply add the appropriate unscheduled route to the crew (or operator) you want to complete that route. You can even modify the estimated (planned) duration for each site. You can add or subtract a % of time to the duration of each site based on the severity of the event. This will add the visits to the daily whiteboard.
CREATING AN UNSCHEDULED ROUTE
Once all of your Staff and Jobs have been entered or imported into LMN Time, you can then start creating unscheduled routes for snow.
- Login to LMN Time and click on Schedule.
- Click on Unscheduled Routes on the left-hand menu.
- Click the Action drop down menu at the top right corner, then click +New Route.
- Enter the Route Name, Route Description, select the Calendar you wish to assign the Task to, and set the Estimated Crew Size. (Note: Work Calendars will have to be setup previous to adding an Unscheduled Route. If you have not set up a Recurring Work Calendar yet, please click HERE.)
ADDING SITES TO THE UNSCHEDULED ROUTE
- Click into the Unscheduled Route, then click +Add Jobs
- Start typing the name of a Task, and all Jobs containing a Task with the Search term you entered. You can also filter your Jobs by Job Type.
- Click the to add the Task/Job to the Unscheduled Route.
- Once all Jobs have been added, click OK.
- To Optimize your Route, click on the Action drop down menu in the top right corner, then click Optimize Route.
- Your Start/End Address will be pulled from the Company Information tab under the Settings.
- Click Optimize and the tool will generate the most efficient route. Click OK.
SCHEDULING YOUR UNSCHEDULED ROUTE
To Schedule your Unscheduled Route:
- Access the Whiteboard.
- Click on Add Unscheduled Route.
- Select which Route you wish to schedule, applied to which Calendar and for which Crew. You will also have the ability to change Crew Size and edit the Estimated Time if necessary.
- Press OK.
Note: An alternative to Unscheduled Routes is Job Groups. If you do not want to have to worry about scheduling routes please refer to the Job Groups tutorial below before making your final decision on which method to use. Job Groups are a great alternative to Unschedule Routes because the Live Map with update as the crew complete the jobs in the Job Group.
For more information on job groups, click HERE.