The purpose of this guide is just to walk you through creating hourly rates in LMN Time.
We typically recommend creating your Rates before you try to add Rates to a job. For more information on creating rates, click HERE. You will also have the ability to add a new Rate within the Job as seen in Step 3.
IMPORTANT: Once you clock-in to a task, you cannot change the settings on whether a task is or is not billable.
Setting up your Tasks as Billable by the Hour
- Access the Job you wish to track for Hourly Billing, and click on Tasks on the left hand-side.
- Click on the Task you wish to track for Hourly Billing
- Ensure the Track hours and rates for billing-by-the-hour?
Adding a Rate to a Job
- To add a Rate to a Job, access the Job in question and select Hrly Rates on the left-hand menu.
- Click on the +Rates.
- Next, LMN will load all the Rates from your company settings. You can either:
Use an existing rate
Use an existing rate, but change the hourly amount for this specific job
*PLEASE NOTE: the Rates entered here are for DEMO purposes only and are not meant to be taken as factual rates to be used in your company
- On the Add Rates screen, select the Rate(s) you wish to add to this Job. *You'll notice the Rate Amount now changes to a text box. If
- If you wish to create a new rate, select the Add New button and enter all the necessary values for your new rate. Your new rate will be added to this job, and to the Settings section.
- Press OK.