When you import an Estimate to LMN Time, it will turn the work areas/services into tasks and also carry over the estimated man hours. Furthermore, if desired you can also carry over the crew notes from the estimate and they will become task notes that the crew sees when they clock-in. Please follow the steps below:
- Click on Jobs > Job List on the left-hand menu
- Click on the Import button located at the top right of the page
- You will now be redirected to a page titled "Import LMN Estimates for Timekeeping"
- Ensure you have the appropriate filters selected (Type: ALL, Standard, Service, Date Range, etc.) and your Estimates will automatically populate in the field below for selection
- Click on the Import button on the far-right of the Estimate you wish to Import
- Your Work Areas/Services in your Estimate will appear as "Tasks" automatically. Click on Import Now to complete the process (NOTE: ensure you have the correct Job Type selected for this type of estimate)
- The TRACK TIME BY allows you to create your Tasks in LMN Time as per the Work Area/Service or the Cost Codes listed in the Estimate (click HERE to see the difference between selecting one of these options).
- The HOURLY? checkboxes are only pertaining to Jobs that are being billed-by-the-hour. If you are NOT billing this Task by-the-hour, do NOT checkmark this option.
- The CREW NOTES? checkboxes are pertaining to whether or not you would like to copy your Crew Notes on the estimate over as Task Notes.