In this guide, you'll learn how to setup your company 'standard' list of materials. These can then later be added to jobs, so you can track specific materials on jobs - like how much mulch, fertilizer or salt you used.
Material have billing settings (e.g. per app, or per unit) but these can be customized when added to jobs to match each job's contracted pricing agreement.
Materials will be offered to your crews when they are clocking out of a job, they will allow you to track certain materials which can be added to Invoices for billing purposes.
- Will be used for Billable Materials (ie. Mulch) and reminders (ie. Put out the Fertilization Sign). and will also allow you to track quantities.
- Anything that you want to indicate as Completed would go under Services (ie. Inspection Completed). Services can be anything that you want a Yes or No answer to and typically are billable items. For more information on Services, click HERE. If you have any Materials or previous Activities currently in the system which you would prefer to use as Services moving forward, please click HERE for instructions on converting.
Creating New Materials
- Click on Settings > Jobs and then Materials.
- Click +New to add new.
- Add the following information:
- Material Name- The name of the material Your foreman will see the name as listed here. Keep your names as simple and easy to understand as possible to eliminate any confusion.
- Units (optional) - Depending on the material you may wish to track quantities. If so, please indicate the Unit (ie. Bag, Yard, Each, etc).
- Invoice Type - You have four options for Invoice Type.
- Not Billable: this will be selected for Materials that are not being tracked for billing your customers (ie. the Material was already part of the contract and the customer is not being billed for).
- Per Unit: An Invoice amount will be generated by multiplying the Rate (which appears after you select Billing Type) by the quantity of units your foreman enter on their LMN Time app. (ie. $40 per bag of salt, will then be multiplied by the quantities of bags entered).
- Per App (Variable): Similar to the Per Unit, except this could be used to track based on a per application basis. The difference being is that decimal places can be entered here and then multiplied against the Rate (ie. you charge $200 for an entire lawn to be aerated, but if only half is done, your customer will be billed $100).
- Per App (Fixed): regardless of whatever quantity is entered by your foremen, the Rate will be charged based on what you enter (ie. you charge $200 for an entire lawn to be aerated, but if only half is done, your customer will still be billed $200).
- Track Quantity - If you check this box, the crews will be prompted to add a quantity for the material. Check this box if you will be billing for the material.
- Show Service Dates - If you check this box, Service Dates will appear on your Invoices. The service date would indicate the date that the Material is selected on a timesheet.
- Invoice Desc - If you wish to include some text for the Material on your Invoices, you can add it here.
- Flag for Review - If you check this box, a flag will be generated on the Invoice Review tab. Flag things that are complicated to bill. If you have a Minimum charge on something – it’s worth adding the flag.
*Note: All of the information above will be set in the default Material. When you add this material to a job, you can override any of the above.