Default tasks are tasks that automatically get added to every single job you create - whether you import an estimate or create a job from scratch.
Default tasks are useful for setting up tasks like Warranty or Change Orders/Extras - tasks that would apply to almost every job. Default tasks are customizable by Job Type - so you can setup default tasks that get added to some jobs but not others. (i.e. Removals/Relocation for snow + ice jobs)
- Login to LMN Time.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Jobs > Default Tasks on the right-hand menu.
- Click on +New located on the top-right corner.
- Give the Task a Task Name.
- Select the Job Type you wish to have this Default Task automatically added onto.
- Select the Cost Code that you wish to have the Default Task assigned to track the Labor against for Job Costing.
- If this Task is to be tracked at a Billable Rate (ie. Time and Materials type jobs), ensure you checkmark the Track hours and rates for billing-by-the-hour. If this Task is NOT being billed, leave this uncheckmarked.
- Press Save
Now every time a Job is created within the specific Job Type, the Default Task will automatically be added to that Job.