If you're syncing customers or transactions to Quickbooks Online, LMN will automatically create new customers for you (if needed). But we often get the question "How do I default my new customers get their invoices emailed instead of printed?"
The answer is a simple settings change in Quickbooks online.
- Click the Settings menu (it looks like a gear in the upper right corner)
- Choose the Account and Settings option
- On the left-hand side, choose the Sales settings
- In the Sales Form Content section, click the Preferred delivery method (which is likely set to Print Later)
- Change this dropdown to Send Later
New customers will now be defaulted to receive their invoices by email, not print.
Note: Customers set to SEND LATER must have a valid email address or else you'll get an error when exporting invoices to those customers.
If you want see how to do this in a quick video, just watch below: