This video will guide you through the basic setup of a job in LMN Time.
Prefer to learn by reading our quick written guide? Scroll down!
In this video you'll learn to:
- Add a new job to LMN Time
- Link new jobs to clients/jobsites in LMN's CRM
- Setup your job names and your job short names
- Add jobs to a job group
- Setup custom payroll codes for a job
- Add tasks (for timetracking) to a job
- Add task notes to a job for crews
- Setup estimated man hours (and visits) for tasks
- Review the progress of a job
In LMN Time, you have the option to either import an Estimate that was created (for more information on importing estimates to create a job, click HERE) or by manually creating a Job from scratch.
To create a job from scratch:
- Click on Jobs at the top of the page.
- Click on +New Job located at the bottom of the page.
- You will now be redirected to a page titled "Add New Job".
a) Ensure you select your Job Type
b) If your customer is already in LMN's CRM list, click Add Job Info from CRM. You will then search for your customer and select the jobsite associated to this LMN Time Job. Selecting your customer from the CRM will populate the remaining fields below, therefore you can skip step C!
c) If your customer is not in LMN's CRM list, you will enter your Job Name, Job Address, and Customer Name.
d) For the Track Time against section, your Default option will be selected based on your Settings (for more information on tracking by Cost Code vs Work Area, click HERE).
- Press OK.
- You will then be brought to the Job Info screen within the Job you have just created.
- To add a Task to this Job, click on Tasks on the left-hand menu. For more information on adding Tasks, click HERE.
- To add an Activity to this Job, click on Activities/ Materials on the left-hand menu. For more information on adding Activities/ Materials, click HERE.
- To add an Hourly Rate to this Job, click on Hourly Rates on the left-hand menu. For more information on adding Activities, click HERE.
- When on the Task, Activities, or Hourly Rates section, press the +Add button located on the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Conversely, you can also import a list of Tasks or Activities from another Job by pressing the +Import button.
- Press Save to confirm your changes.