Services are an important part of LMN Time for anyone wishing to track what's completed on a job (whether for billing or reporting purposes) or for companies utilizing Bulk Scheduling.
Services are Yes/No answers. They are either complete or not. You cannot track quantities on services, but you can track quantities on materials or activities. For more information on activities/ materials, click HERE.
Prefer to learn by reading our quick written guide? Scroll down!
In this video, you will learn:
- How to add a service type to your 'master list' of services (under the Settings menu)
- How services are used by crews
- How to configure your default billing types and invoice descriptions for services (these can be customized on a per-job basis as well)
- How to link materials and activities to a service, so that once a crew ticks off that they completed a specific service, we can prompt them to track the quantity of material used
- e.g. When ticking off Mulch Done, we can prompt them to enter the quantity of mulch applied
When a crew clocks out of a job, services are going to pop-up. Foremen will be able to indicate if they completed them or not. Services are very useful for billing and reporting purposes.
Examples of Services:
- Mow Complete
- Plow Complete
- Walks Deiced
- Site Inspection
Services are different than materials as they don't ask you how much of a material was used but instead ask you, yes or no questions, was the job done or not? You can, however, link activities/materials for material tracking to a Service. For more information on linked activities/ materials click HERE.
*Note that Services need to be setup in settings before adding them to a job. This creates a standard list to use for each job and eliminates creating duplicate or similar Services in your account.
- Login to LMN Time
- Click on SETTINGS
- Click on SERVICES on the left side menu
- Click + Add SERVICE icon in the bottom right corner
Service Name: This would be specific to the type of work that is being completed.
Examples include: Spring Clean Up Completed, Mowing Completed, Fertilization Spring Completed, etc.
It is important to include the word Completed in your service names so your staff can mark off when it is in fact complete. Depending on your Invoice Type, certain Services may trigger additional billing.
*Make sure to mark the service as active - if it isn't then you won't be able to attach it to a Job.
- Included - If a Service is included in a contract (ie. Billing Type: Per Season in the Estimate), it will not trigger additional billing since the cost for this service as it is included in your monthly invoicing.
- Billed Per Visit - This option will bill when the Service is completed (ie. Billing Type: Per Visit in the Estimate).
- Hourly - This option will bill when the Service is selected for the exact amount of time someone is clocked into the Service (ie. Billing Type: Per Hour/Unit in the Estimate).
Show Service Date: If this is selected, then all service dates will appear on your invoices. This is important for billable work so that you can show your client the dates that you serviced their property.
Invoice Description: This is the description that is going to show up on the client's invoice.
Taxable: Is this work taxable? If yes, select this checkbox.
Flag for Review: Feature that will put an extra flag on the invoice to notify the staff member approving invoices that they need to pay special attention to that invoice. Check this box off if you want the flag notification to appear on the invoice.
- Click on your Service in SETTINGS
- Click on Linked Activities/Materials
- Click +Add
*When you add this service to a job, the activities will be linked by default. More information on setting up materials can be found HERE.
How To Add a Service to a Job
- Click on JOBS
- Click into a JOB
- Click on SERVICES on the left side menu
- Click + Add SERVICE
From this screen, you can pick and choose which Services you would like to add to this specific job for tracking.
What do your crews see on the LMN Time App?
When your crews clock out of a job or into another job, the App will ask them if they completed the setup services for that job, along with activities if linked.