There are two areas in LMN where you should configure some settings before exporting your first estimate to QB Online.
Estimate Export Settings in LMN
The first settings are simply to make it easier to add estimates to the export queue, and setup some default statuses (if you wish) after they are successfully exported.
- On the left menu, click QuickBooks then Setup
- Default Status View: LMN has an Export Queue where you can queue 1 (or more) estimates for export.
- To show all estimates by default, leave this setting at All Statuses
- To filter estimates with a particular status (e.g. Sold) as your default, set these dropdowns to the specific estimate status you wish to use.
- To leave the estimate's status unchanged, choose OFF - Setting Disabled
- To update an estimate's status after a successful export, choose the estimate status that you wish to use after the export was successful
- Summary (most common) - exports the names of each work area, along with the total price, but does not export every line item (all the labor, equipment, materials) to QuickBooks
- Detailed (show details) - exports every line item of an estimate to QuickBooks, including all labor, equipment materials and more. (most contractors don't show clients this level of detail and therefore wouldn't export details to QuickBooks)
- Detailed (hide details) - exports every line item of an estimate to QuickBooks so you can see all details on screen, but doesn't print all the details when you print a customer invoice. (most contractors don't need an invoice line item for every single item on a bid... it makes progress invoicing far slower as you have to set a completion percentage for every single line item on the bid)
Estimate Export Settings in the QB Online Sync App
There are only two simple settings you need to configure in the QuickBooks Online Sync app.
- Login to the QuickBooks Online sync tool at https://accounting.golmn.com
- Using the left-hand menu, select Estimates, then Settings
- The first setting is your Customer Matching Settings
- If you use sub-customers in QuickBooks Online for customers who have multiple jobsites, then turn the Create Estimates for QuickBooks Sub-Customers (Jobsites) to on.
- If you don't use sub-customers in QuickBooks online, then set this setting to Create Estimates for QuickBooks Customers
- The second setting will configure how you handle sales taxes
- If you charge your customers sales tax and you want your estimate taxes to export to QuickBooks Online, choose My Company Charges Sales Tax (Taxes ON)
- If you never charge your customers sales tax, choose the option My Company Does Not Charge Sales Tax (Taxes OFF)