If you're not new to QuickBooks Online, there's a good chance you have customers in LMN that already exist in QuickBooks and you don't want to create new ones (duplicates) when you export time records. You want to be able to export time records to customers that already exist in your QuickBooks Online customer list.
- Choose the Setup menu option (on the left side of the LMN/QuickBooks Online Sync App)
- Choose the Link Customers menu option
- Next, we'll load all your existing LMN Time jobs (that don't already have a match) on the left side of the screen.
- Move to the first customer in the list.
If this customer does not exist in QuickBooks Online
- Leave the Match to Existing QuickBooks Customer column set to: No Match
- Use the Action column to choose your desired action. You can either:
- Create a new customer
- Create a new customer and sub-customer (this will create a customer record, then another "sub-customer" under the customer - it's useful for customers who have multiple jobsites that you want to track invoices and costs separately. Think of the customer as the billing address and the sub-customer as the jobsite address)
- Create a new sub-customer for an existing customer (this will create a new sub-customer under a customer that already exists in your QuickBooks)
- Click the Create button to create the customer or subcustomer immediately in QuickBooks Online
If this customer already exists in QuickBooks Online
- Use the Match to Existing QuickBooks Customer column to select the QuickBooks Online customer or subcustomer that matches the LMN Time job/customer.
- The LMN Time customer/job will then disappear from the Unmatched list and appear under the Pending Updates list (see the tabs at the top of the list - you can quickly flip between lists by clicking the tabs)
- When you're finished matching, you need to click the Save Settings button at the bottom of the screen to save your matches.