IF YOU'RE INSTALLING LMN QB SYNC FOR THE FIRST TIME...
1. Log into your LMN account (go to my.golmn.com and enter your username and password)
2. On the left-hand side of your screen, find and click on your 'QUICKBOOKS' tile
3. You will now see 'Setup' under the 'QUICKBOOKS' title. Click on 'Setup'. You will be brought to the 'Quickbooks Setup' page
4. At the bottom of the 'Quickbooks Setup' page, look for and click the 'Click here to download the LMN QB Sync Desktop App' button
5. Save the installation file type to your PC.
6. To install the LMN QB Sync Tool program from the file you downloaded to your PC, double-click on the LMNsync.msi file.
Notice: When you install LMN's QB Sync program (on Windows 7, 8, & 10) for the first time, you will see a blue security warning screen pop-up from Microsoft. This is normal and you do not need to be worried. The installation is safe (if it was downloaded from your LMN account). Simply click 'More Info' on the blue security screen pop-up and then click 'Run' or 'Run Anyway' and the installation will start. Once the tool is installed, you'll see a blinking task-bar notification (across the bottom of your computer screen), letting you know your LMN QB Sync Tool was successfully installed.
IF YOU'RE UPDATING TO THE LATEST VERSION...
1. Launch LMN's sync tool. Accept the critical update by clicking 'Ok' or 'Yes'. Make sure to click 'Save or Save As' rather than 'Run' (this will download the update file to your computer).
2. Go to where the update file downloaded to on your computer (usually, your computer will default all downloads to your "Downloads" folder). Find the file called lmnsync.msi
3. Now right click on the downloaded file called lmnsync.msi (Windows says it is corrupted- it is not, do not worry) from LMN to install.
4. Select "Run", or "Run Anyway", to allow LMN to complete the update. The lmnsync.msi file is safe to run and will update the LMN Quickbooks Sync program the latest version.
After following these steps, the program will complete the update installation and you will be able to use LMN's Quickbook Sync Tool!
LMN Quickbooks Sync Tool & Update Error. "The signature of the program is corrupt or invalid."
"The signature of the program is corrupt or invalid." is a message that will pop up when your computer does not recognize the signature of a .msi program. Note our LMNsync.msi file (the update) is safe to download, so you can ignore this error message as long as you are sure you are opening the file downloaded through the LMN QB Sync Tool and download the update.
Other helpful links:
- Can I Connect the LMN QB Sync Application to QuickBooks Remotely?
- Installing QuickBooks on a Cloud Server
- Understanding QuickBooks Sync Process
- Complete QuickBooks Sync Setup Guide (PDF)
- QuickBooks Sync Error 'Error when saving a Customers list'
- Error: Could not start QuickBooks - Workaround Solution
- The LMN QB Sync Tool Cannot Connect to my QuickBooks Company File