If you experiencing the issue below, and are confident you have entered in the correct file path for your Company File, there is a workaround that can be done to resolve this issue. This tends to occur when a QuickBooks Company File is housed on a server.
Could not start QuickBooks. (Possible solution: If QuickBooks is not running you must specify a Company File.)
- Open your QuickBooks Company File.
- Press F2 (or Fn + F2) and a new window titled "Product Information" should appear.
- Under "File Information", highlight the entire file path and right-click and Copy (see screenshot below). Press OK to close the Product Information window.
- Close and completely exit your QuickBooks program.
- Open your File Explorer and paste that Company File path into the URL address bar. Press Enter.
- Your QuickBooks program should start running and open up to your Company File.
- Open up the LMN Sync Tool, press Step 2: Connect to your QuickBooks company file. Press Next.
- Ensure the correct File Path is entered (refer to Step #2 to review your File Path). Press OK.
- You should see the "QuickBooks Connection Successful!" dialog box.
NOTE - some 3rd party antivirus applications (ie. BitDefender, Norton Antivirus) could be blocking the connection between the LMN Sync Tool and your QuickBooks company file. Try disabling/uninstalling that software and attempt to reconnect the Sync Tool.
If your problem still persists, please contact Support for further troubleshooting.