Yes, you can. There are two ways to edit your taxes on an estimate:
The Fast Way - Use this if you want to change a bunch of items at once
To update or change your tax settings on all items in an estimate (for example, if you did work in a different county and needed to charge a different sales tax on the estimate), the fastest way to do this is to use the Edit Taxes button right on the estimate screen.
A new window will open that will allow you to change items within your estimate, and apply those changes to one or more workareas/services.
- On the left hand side, you'll specify the purchasing or sales tax(es) that needs to be applied to labor, equipment, hardscapes, softscapes, subs and other items. Choose your EXMT tax if no tax applies.
- On the right side of this screen, you can specify the work area(s) these settings apply to. For states/areas where taxes differ based on the type of work you are performing (e.g. hardscape work is taxable, softscape work is tax-exempt), this feature allows you to customize the tax settings for each work area specifically.
The One-By-One Method - use this if you only need to change the tax settings on very few items.
- Go to the "Workareas + Pricing" section for a standard estimate, or "Services + Pricing" for a Service estimate.
- Select the workarea or service that requires changes to taxes to open the details for that service/workarea.
- Select the "Edit Taxes" tab. This will allow you to select/change purchase and sales taxes and edit Warranty and shipping percentages.