"Import failed with the following message: An attempt was made to modify a Estimate with a date that is on or before the closing date of the company. If you are sure you really want to do this, please ask a user with Admin privileges to remove the password for editing transactions on or before to closing date (this setting is in the Accounting Company Preferences), then try again."
To resolve this error, please do the following:
- Access your Quickbooks Company File
- Select Edit > Preferences > Accounting.
- Click the Company Preferences tab.
- Click Set Date/Password.
- You have TWO options on this page:
If you wish to CONTINUE using the Password moving forward, checkmark the Exclude estimates, sales orders and purchase orders from closing date restrictions.
If you wish to DELETE and NOT use the Password moving forward, highlight and delete the Password in both fields (Closing Date, Confirm).
- Press OK (twice, to get back to your Homepage on QB).
- Attempt to re-sync your Estimate again.