Work calendars allow you setup default colors, drivetime settings, schedule templates and much more so that you can schedule new jobs in just a few clicks.
There are two types of Work Calendars:
- Recurring: used for Service type work, involving multiple visits that you will continuously service on a recurring basis (eg. mowing, snow plowing)
- Non-Recurring: used for Install/Construction type work, involving one visit (which may span across days or weeks) where a Job is started and completed within a specific time-frame (eg. patio install, driveway, etc.)
To add a Recurring Work Calendar:
- Log into LMN Time.
- Select Schedule at the top of the screen.
- Select Work Calendars on the left-hand menu.
- Select +Add Work Calendar on the bottom-right corner.
- On the Add Calendar screen, give it a Calendar Name and ensure you have selected the appropriate Calendar Type (ie. Non-Recurring). Press OK.
- On the Calendar Info section, you will see the following options for set-up, as well a brief description of what each setting means. Enter your settings here for your Work Calendar:
- Once your values have been entered, click on the Visit Schedules tab.
- On the Add Visit Schedule screen, you will set up the following:
- Visit Schedule Name: give it a name that makes the most sense to you. For example, Mowing (40 visit package), or Mowing - Gold Package, 40 Visit Mowing Package, etc.
- Schedule Interval: there are two options, WEEKLY (allows you to set a start and end date with weekly intervals in between for each visit) or MANUAL (whereby you pick a set date per visit)
- Planned Visits: enter the # of visits you wish to set up for this Visit Schedule. This field will be used as a placeholder to compare to the "Est. Visits" below.
- Est. Visits: as you build your Visit Schedule, this field will automatically populate the # of visits based on your schedule parameters. You will reference this # compared to your "Planned Visits" to ensure they match.
- Set Min/Max Days: the days set for your Min/Max will flag any visits that do not comply with the thresholds you set up here. For example, if you set a min/max of 7 days and 14 days, you will receive a warning if you have two visits that have been scheduled LESS than 7 days or MORE than 14 days apart from one another.
- STARTING/ENDING DATE RANGE: click on the date field(s) and a calendar will appear. Click on the date(s) you wish to assign and press SET.
- INTERVAL: enter the weekly frequency within your specified date range (eg. every 1 week, 2 weeks etc.).
- SERVICE TYPE: You will then select the Service Type from the drop-down menu (Don't have your Service Types set up? Click HERE for more information).
- MIN/MAX: if you have this option checkmarked on, you will enter the values for your minimum and maximum parameters for scheduled visits.
- TIME FACTOR: you can reduce or add more time to your visits by entering a % value here. Factors that would impact this could be weather, length of gaps between visits (ie. once every 3 weeks, or winter season). Enter a value of LESS than 100% if you feel this visit might be completed in LESS than the estimated manhours per visit. Enter a value of GREATER than 100% if you feel this visit might be completed in MORE than the estimated manhours per visit.
To set-up your Non-Recurring Work Calendar, please click on the following link: https://golmn.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/208691986