Once a Job has been created (either via an Estimate Import or built from scratch), you can add Tasks, which are what your Field Employees will be tracking their time against. Tasks allow you to breakdown a job into more specific areas.
ADDING A TASK
To add a Task to a Job, access the Job in question and select Tasks on the left-hand menu.
- Click on the +Add Task.
- On the Add Jobsite Task screen, you will see the following fields:
- Task Name: this is how the Task will appear on the app.
- Cost Code: select from the drop-down menu which Cost Code you wish to assign to this task.
- Task Notes: these notes will pop-up on the app every time they clock into this Task.
- Track hours and rates for billing-by-the-hour?: ONLY checkmark this option if you are planning on charging your customer a separate hourly rate for this Task. If this Task is inclusive to the contract/estimate, leave this uncheckmarked.
- Show Activities on Clock Out?: if this is uncheckmarked, NO activities will appear on the app for selection. Checkmark this option if you wish to allow your foremen to view Activities assigned to this job.
- Exclude from Overtime Calculations: if checkmarked, any hours tracked to this Task will be exempt from Overtime calculations. Most companies have this option uncheckmarked (unless for extenuating circumstances).
- Est. Man Hours: enter your Estimate Man Hours for this Task.
- # of Visits: enter the number of visits for this Task.
IMPORTING TASKS FROM ANOTHER JOB
If you already have a Job in LMN Time that has similar Tasks, you can Import them into your new Job instead of creating them from scratch.
- On the Tasks screen, press +Import at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the Job from the Select A Jobsite drop-down menu that you wish to copy FROM.
- Checkmark whether you wish to Copy Tasks, Rates and/or Activities from the original Job.
- You also have the option to Copy the exact same values or reset them to 0 by toggling them in the drop-down to the right of each item.
- Press OK.
- Now the Tasks, Rates and/or Activities have been coped into your new Job.