It is imperative that the appropriate GPS coordinates are found in order to provide with you accurate reporting to compare if your employees are onsite/offsite when upon clock in/out or when using the Job Address for Route Optimization.
If you have imported an Estimate or created a Job manually in LMN Time, and your Latitude/Longitude coordinates are coming up as "0" (see screenshot below), this is most likely occurring because of an error within your Job Address. This is preventing Google Maps from pulling the proper GPS coordinates for your Job.
There are a few different methods to retrieve the correct GPS coordinates:
- Re-enter your address in the Job Address field and then press to poll the Latitude/Longitude coordinates.
- If you see the new coordinates update, press . A new tab will open up to Google Maps for you to verify this is indeed the correct address.
- If the coordinates did not update and remain '0' OR the location does not have a current address yet (ie. new development property), proceed to Step 4.
- In a new tab, visit Google Maps.
- Type in your Address or locate it manually by entering an address nearby and finding the Job site.
- Once you have found the correct location, place a pin-drop on the location by left-clicking on the area.
- Click on the link containing the GPS coordinates in the box at the bottom of the screen. This will populate the Latitude and Longitude in the Search bar.
- Copy and paste these coordinates into the appropriate Latitude and Longitude fields on the Job Info screen.
- Press to verify that these are the correct coordinates.