To-Do items are used to set/assign specific reminders about tasks for a lead/client. You can even assign to-do items to other people in your company so that these reminders show up in their to-do list in LMN.
Each ToDo item contains the following fields:
- AssignedTo: You can assign a to-do to anyone with estimating/crm access in your company. The to-do item will show up on their list of to-dos (it will also stay on your list so you can keep track of the status)
- CreatedBy: who added the to-do item
- DueDate: optional, but the due date for the to-do item
- Priority: Select priority of the To-Do from either Low, Normal (default), High or Urgent.
- Progress: there are 1 of 3 setting progress settings for each to-do item: Pending (not started yet), In Progress (started, but incomplete), and Complete (finished)
- Then are 2 fields for notes/comments. There is a Notes field to describe the to-do task, and then there is an Instructions field to enter any specific instructions or special notes.
There are two different ways you can add a to-do item for a specific client or lead.
Adding a To-Do from the Client/Lead screen
- Click the CRM | Clients + Leads menu option
- Open the client/lead for whom you wish to add a to-do item
- Click the To-Dos tab on the client screen
- Click the New ToDo button
- Fill out the fields according to the field descriptions above
- Click OK to add the To-do item to the client/lead's to-do list
- Click Save to save the changes to the client/lead
Adding a To-Do from the To-Do List
- Click the CRM | ToDos menu option
- There. you'll see a list of your ToDos - items on this list are either assigned to you, or were created by you
- Click the +New button to add a new to-do item
- Complete the fields according to the descriptions above
- Click OK to save the new ToDo item
Note: if you assigned this ToDo to another user in your company, that to-do item will instantly appear in their list of to-do items