The purpose of this article is just to give you a quick overview of Work Area Templates within your Item Catalog.
Work Area Templates Information
- Work area templates can save you an enormous amount of time and mistakes when estimating. They can store:
- A checklist of labor, equipment, materials for estimating tasks
- Production rate calculators to help calculate labor and materials
- Client notes (for default estimate descriptions when estimating)
- Crew notes (for default crew notes like tool checklists and instructions)
- With templates, you can estimate frequently performed work (like gardens, snow plowing, mowing, and paver driveways in walkways) in 3 minutes or less and with much less risk of mistake or forgotten items.
Creating a Work Area Template
- To setup a Work Area Template, being by clicking the +New button.
- Enter the Name of your template and a Description (optional). Click Save.
Items - Adding Items
- Click the +Add Items button to add items to your Template.
- Navigate through your Labor, Equipment, Materials, Subs and Other catalogs by clicking the tabs beside the blue arrow, adding your Labor, Equipment, Materials, Subs and Other items by clicking the green + button (shown beside the Red arrow).
- Add any/all items that should be considered, even if you don't need them on every estimate you will use this template for. These items can be removed easily after a template is added to an estimate.
- If you do not know exactly which material will be added to each estimate you will use this template for, you could add in a placeholder (ie. Paver [Select Paver Here]). This will remind your estimator to add their desired Paver when they select this template.
- Once you've added all required items to your template, click the X button as shown below.
Items - Material Calculators
- Green calculators will appear beside all items in your template. Please note: these calculators should only be used for materials.
- These calculators will help you to estimate how much of a certain material you will require, depending on your estimated job's size. We strongly recommend setting these up within your templates.
- To add a Material Calculator to your estimate, click the green Prod Rate button as shown below.
- Enter in the Quantity of a material and the Units of measurement for that material (ie. Qty: 100 Units: sq. ft, Qty: 1 Units: sq. ft, etc).
- Then, enter the Quantity of material that the above can cover (ie. If 1 ton of sand can cover 100 sq. ft, your calculator would read as follows).
- Once complete, click Save. And continue with your other Material Calculators.
- You can add both Customer and Crew Notes to your templates.
- Customer Notes: Typically used as work descriptions, will display on your Customer Proposals.
- Crew Notes: Typically used for checklists and internal notes, will display on your Job Planners.
- After adding in your desired notes, click Save.
- You can add Categories to your templates, making it easier for your estimators to find the templates which are relevant to their divisions.
- To add a category, click on the desired category and click Save.
- For more information on adding Categories, click HERE.