Yes, you do. Your budget is what LMN is going to use to make sure you're covering all the costs of the job:
- Labor - incl. wages, overtime, downtime, taxes/burden
- Equipment - incl. both leased and a fair return on owned equipment
- Materials - incl. warranty + shipping
- Overhead - incl. all non-billable costs specific to your company
- and, of course, a fair Net Profit
Without an operating + overhead budget, you can only guess/hope that each job is priced correctly.. and guessing is exactly what LMN is designed to eliminate.
Most companies finish a budget in less than a day... and once they're up and running - they wonder how they ever estimated without one.