Are you getting an Error as a Job Status after marking your LMN estimate for queue when using QuickBooks Online (QBO)? If so, here's a list things to double check to ensure that your Setup settings have been completed properly.
Example: Object reference not set to instance of an object.
99% of the time, the reason the Error message occurs is due to a failed match between the following:
- LMN's Cost Codes and QBO's Service Items
- LMN's Cost Codes and QBO's Classes
- LMN's Customers and QBO's Customers
- LMN Time's Staff and QBO's Staff/Employees
- LMN's Tax Codes and QBO's Tax Codes
To ensure that a failed match between any of the following above is not the problem, please do the following:
- Log into your LMN account by clicking here: www.my.golmn.com.
- Find the QUICKBOOKS tile and click on it. Then, click QB Online.
- Log into your LMN QB Online Sync (same username and password as your LMN account).
- Find the SETUP tile and click on it.
- From there, go through each of the sections Link Service Items, Link Classes, Link Customers, Link Staff, Link Tax Codes and double check that there is a successful match between LMN's fields and the fields which are showing from your QBO account.
When going through the Link Service Items matching, to verify that your QBO Service Items were matched properly to LMN's Cost Codes, make sure the LMN Cost Codes used in your estimates are matched to QBO Service Items.
When going through the Link Customers matching, to verify that your QBO Customers were matched properly to your customers listed in LMN, make sure the LMN customer(s) used in your estimate(s) are matched to QBO customer(s).
When going through the Link Tax Codes matching, to verify that your taxes are matched properly between LMN and QBO, make sure that the QBO field does not show a NON or TAX option. These options must be filled with a proper tax code with an actual tax rate.