Services are a very important feature in LMN Time as they allow you to track what was completed on a job. For example - when a crew clocks out of a job, services are going to pop-up and ask if they completed them or not. Services are also very useful for billing and reporting purposes.
Examples of Services:
- Mow Complete
- Plow Complete
- Walks Deiced
- Site Inspection
Services are different then materials as they don't ask you how much of a material was used but instead it asks you yes or no questions, was the job done or not?
Services can be applied to each Service Area in an estimate. When you import your estimate to LMN Time, the Services will communicate how each area in your estimate is billed.
*Note that these need to be setup in your LMN Time settings first before adding them to an estimate.
- Login to LMN Time
- Click on SETTINGS
- Click on SERVICES on the left side menu
- Click + Add SERVICE icon in the bottom right corner.
- Included - If a Service is included in a contract (ie. Billing Type: Per Season in the Estimate), it will not trigger additional billing since the cost for this service as it is included in your monthly invoicing.
- Billed Per Visit - This option will bill when the Service is completed (ie. Billing Type: Per Visit in the Estimate).
- Hourly - This option will bill when the Service is selected for the exact amount of time someone is clocked into the Service (ie. Billing Type: Per Hour/Unit in the Estimate).
Linking Activities/Materials to Services
If you have also set up Activities/Materials, you can link those to your Services as well. That way, when you import your estimate to LMN Time, your service will indicate which Activities/Materials your crew will be offered upon clock out. More information on Activities/Materials can be found HERE.
To link your Activities/Materials to Services, follow the steps below.
- Click on your Service in SETTINGS
- Click on Linked Activities/Materials
- Click Add
*When you add this service to a job, the activities will be linked by default.