On average, snow staff produce $120/hr in revenue per man hr. This includes labor rate, materials, equipment charges, overhead & profit.
Below is just an example of how unbillable time equals unbillable revenue for snow work:
How can you fix this?
- Reduce Driving Time
- Concentrate sales near existing sites - LMN's mobile estimating will give you the ability to estimate right from the field so their is no wait time for a potential client. You can be onsite and email their quotation to them right away.
- Concentrate/optimize routes - LMN Time's Job Groups will take your list of jobs and automatically optimize all of your snow routes for the season. You give the system a starting and ending point and LMN will do the rest of the work with a click of a button.
- Stock salt at the yard - This eliminates your operators from driving to salt depots where they might be waiting for hours to get salt.
- Setup temporary winter yards closer to site(s)
2. Dedicated Salt Trucks
- Less salt refills equals less unbillable time
- Dedicated salt trucks increase revenue - generating time for plow trucks
- Require less labor/trucks on salt only events
- Increased revenue from plow trucks covering salt trucks lease.