Options for Creating Contracts
- Create Contract in LMN estimating and Import into LMN Time.
- IF job is already in LMN Time, you don't need to add your contract back in the Estimate. You can create a Contract manually right in LMN Time. For more information on creating contracts manually in Time, click HERE.
*In this article, we are going to explain Option 1:
Your Billing Type is determined on the Services + Pricing tab in an estimate and can be adjusted as necessary. Contracts will apply to your Billing Type: Per Season services. Your estimate's Per Season Total will be displayed on your Services + Pricing tab (as shown below).
- Billing Type options include:
- Per Season - If a service is included in a contract, it will not trigger additional billing since the cost for this service is included in your monthly invoicing.
- Per Visit - This option will not be included in the contract as it will be billed when the service is completed in LMN Time, triggering billing outside of the monthly invoicing.
- Per Hour/Unit - This option will not be included in the contract as it will be billed when the Service is selected for the exact amount of time someone is clocked into the service in LMN Time.
Once your Billing Types are indicated for each service in your estimate, you can follow the steps below to create a Contract.
Creating a Contract
- Click on the Contract tab for the estimate you wish to update.
- Click on Create a Contract for this Estimate.
- Enter the information in the fields provided as described below.
- Contract Start/End Dates - These dates will be populated based on the Contract Start and End dates indicated on your Customer Info tab of your estimate.
- PO Number/Contract Number - These fields are optional and can be added in if you use them currently for your business.
- Per Season Total - This number is driven from the Services + Pricing tab and is determined by your Billing Type selected for each service in your estimate.
- # of Pmts - This number is also driven from the Services + Pricing tab and indicates how you want the Per Season Total divided.
- Est. Monthly Payment - This number is determined by your Per Season Total divided by your # of Pmts.
- Day of Month - The day of the month you want to bill your customer. Please note: if you pick the 31st, it will roll back for months where there are not 31 days (ie. in February, the Invoice would generate on the 28th).
- Invoice Text - Any text entered here will display on your customer's Invoices.
- Invoice Extras - You can determine if you would like Extras to be added to either the Monthly Billing, or if you would prefer that Extras are billed out separately (ie. Monthly Billing is generated on the 1st of each month, Extras are generated on the 15th of each month). Extras would be considered as any Per Visit or Per Hour/Unit billing as well as any billing for Activities specifically. For more information on Activities, click HERE.
- Tax - Tax is included in the estimate itself for anything that was entered under Services + Pricing. The Tax field indicated on the contract tab will allow you to determine what Tax you want added to your Activities. For more information on Activities, click HERE. For more information on Taxes, click HERE.
- Cost Code - If you choose to calculate your Contract payments using the Recalc Payments (simple) button you will need to indicate which Cost Code you want to use. If you use the Recalc Payments (by Cost Code) button, your payments will be divided proportionally based on the Cost Codes indicated in your estimate.
- Disable Warnings? - Only select this checkbox if you want to hide Payment Warnings for your contract. A Payment Warning will display if your total payments in the contract is not equal to the Estimate Total as per the Services + Pricing tab (see below).
- Once you've updated all fields indicated above, your next step is to determine whether you want to calculate all payments using one Cost Code, or if you want to calculate payments proportionally based on the Cost Codes indicated in your estimate.
- Recalc Payments (simple) - This will allocate all Per Season payments to one Cost Code - as indicated in the Cost Code drop down above.
- Recalc Payments (by Cost Code) - This will divide all Per Season payments proportionally based on the Cost Codes indicated in your estimate.
- If you'd like to add a Payment to your contract, use the + button on the right hand side (as shown below).
- From here, pick the date for your payment (which will then be sorted in the correct order - by date) and add your Amount and Cost Code.
Once your Contract is set up the way you'd like, you can click save. Now you're all set to move this estimate and contract over to Time for Time Tracking and Invoicing purposes!
Note: after importing the estimate into LMN Time, you will no longer be able to edit the Contract. Any necessary changes from that point will need to take place in LMN Time directly.