Sign into Gmail — this works only when you’re signed in — and look for the handler icon, which looks like a pair of grey overlapping diamond shapes, adjacent to the star icon in the address bar. Click on the handler icon and you’ll get a popup dialog where you’ll need to select the Allow option to ensure that Gmail opens all email links in future.
Can’t see the handler icon in the address bar? You might have changed its default behavior in Chrome settings. That’s not a problem though. Go to Settings > Show advanced settings… and under Privacy > Content settings… > Handlers, select the radio button next to Allow sites to ask to become default handlers for protocols (recommended) to get back the handler icon.
To Download a Mailto Extension:
The Chrome extension Mailto: offers the quickest way to set them as default handlers for mailto: links. It supports Outlook, Yahoo! Mail, FastMail, Zoho Mail, and AOL Mail right out of the box. If you use an email service that’s not part of this set, you can still configure that service using the add another service option.
- Open GOOGLE CHROME
- Click on the 3 DOTS in the top right corner of your browser
- Click on SETTINGS
- Click on EXTENSIONS in the top left corner
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on GET MORE EXTENSIONS
- In the top left corner, ENTER MAILTO for (email type)
- DOWNLOAD the Extension
- Add extension
- Close your browser, clear your cache, go back into LMN and the email function in CRM will work