Often times, users look to make changes to a group of selected materials instead of one at at time. Especially changes to material lists like:
- Updating material costs
- Updating material prices
- Updating material profit margins
- Updating shipping, or warranty factors
The easiest way your item catalog costs to a bunch of materials at once is to Export your items to Excel. Make your changes in Excel (where you can easily copy/paste or create formulas that can make changes to all rows). Then re-import your materials back into LMN, where your changes will automatically be updated.
- Start by going to the Item Catalog | Material screen
- Next, use the Export button to export a list of materials to an Excel spreadsheet
- At this point, you have the option to select specific categories to export - use this if you only want to export certain categories of materials
- Next, download this Excel file to your machine.
Now you need to find the file on hard drive and open it. Once you have the Excel file, follow these steps to increase or decrease your profit markup (but you can follow similar steps to update costs or fixed prices as well!)
- Insert two Columns next to your Cost column
- In the first new column this will be the percentage you wish to mark-up your items
- In the second new column enter the formula =I2*(1+J2) *Use your cells*
- Copy that formula down your entire column (highlight cells and Ctrl +D)
- Highlight the cells for all your new numbers now and Copy (Ctrl + C) then right click
- Select 'Paste Values'
- Delete your old Cost column and the Percentage column and rename your new column to Cost
Once you've followed these steps you can save your document and re-import that back into LMN. Here, make sure you have "When a match is found, update the existing item selected."
Select Choose File and pick your updated excel document. Click OK to begin the import.