Most companies will need to add more than one user to their LMN account. Estimators, office managers, bookeepers/accountants, and sales people will need access to make their jobs more efficient.
However, you'll likely want to protect/secure sensitive information (particularly budgeting information) from some users.
This guide will show you how to add a new user to LMN, and how to configure their access rights so that they can only use specific areas of the application.
Adding a New User
- Click the Account menu on the left
- Click the Setup Users menu to edit your user list
- To add a new user, click the +New button
- Complete the on-screen user information
- Username - for maximum security, usernames can only belong to 1 user across our entire LMN database... just like email addresses in email applications. If the username you wish to choose is already taken, you will have to choose a different username. If the icon to the right of this field is red, the username is already in use.
- First Name - the user's first name
- Last Name - the user's last name
- Phone - the user's phone number (optional)
- Email - for security reasons, each every LMN user must have a unique email address (this is for password recovery purposes). An email cannot be used twice for different users. If the icon to the right is red, the email address is invalid.
Setting Up Security Access for a User
- Once the user has been created, click the Security tab to setup access rights
- Security Admin
- with Full Access, users will be able to create new users and change any users' security permissions. Security Admins should only be granted to users who have permission to view and edit all LMN data.
- Company Administrator - these users can view/edit all company budgets, even other users'
- Default - these users can only view/edit their own budgets. This is useful when you want to teach an estimator about budgeting, but you don't want them to view financial details of the company's actual budget
- No access - users will not be able to view or edit any budgets, but they will be able to use budgets for estimates
- Company Administrator - these users can view/edit all company estimates, even other users'
- Default - these users can only view/edit their own estimates, or estimates assigned to them.
- No access - users will not be able to view or edit any estimates
- Full access - these users can add new leads and clients and can edit any lead/client information
- No access - users will not have access to edit lead/contact information
- Users who have access to estimating must have access to CRM
- Full access - these users can add and edit sales tax information
- No access - users will not be able to add/edit sales tax information
- Estimating Catalog
- Full access - these users can add/edit the cost and price database
- No access - users will not have access to edit the cost and price database
- Note: we recommend anyone with permission to estimates have full access to the estimating catalog
- Systems Library
- Full access - these users can download any of the 700 forms, policies and procedures in the systems library
- No access - users will not have access to the forms and documents in the systems library
- Full access - these users will be able to sync estimates and payroll information to Quickbooks
- No access - users will not be able to sync estimates and payroll information to Quickbooks
- LMN strongly recommends you give only a select few users, such as the bookkeeper, access to Accounting so that your accounting data stays clean and organized
More User Settings
Reset a user's password on their behalf
Here, you can reassign Budgets and Estimates to different users. This might be useful in a situation where you have restructured your company or an employee has been replaced
Activate the user for online training (see a list of available courses HERE)
Once activated you you can also cancel the user's Online Training subscription at any time from this area (see image below)
If you would like to add this newly created user to have access to LMN Time, please click this link: https://golmn.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033686971-Adding-Staff-Employees-to-LMN-Time