Work calendars allow you to setup default colors, drive-time settings, schedule templates and much more so that you can schedule new jobs in just a few clicks.
There are two types of Work Calendars:
- Recurring: used for Service type work, involving multiple visits that you will continuously service on a recurring basis (eg. mowing, pruning, yard cleanup, etc.)
- Non-Recurring: used for Install/Construction type work, involving one visit (which may span across days or weeks) where a Job is started and completed within a specific time-frame (eg. patio install, driveway, etc.)
To add a Recurring Work Calendar:
- Log into LMN Time.
- Select Schedule at the top of the screen.
- Select Work Calendars on the left-hand menu.
- Select +Add Work Calendar on the bottom-right corner.
- On the Add Calendar screen, give it a Calendar Name and ensure you have selected the appropriate Calendar Type (ie. Recurring). Press OK.
- On the Calendar Info section, you will see the following options for set-up, as well a brief description of what each setting means. Enter your settings here for your Work Calendar:
- Once your values have been entered, click on the Visit Schedules tab.
- Once your Calendar is created, we recommend setting up visit templates (Visit Schedules) for work you offer to customers on a regular basis (ie. Bi-Weekly Mow, Monthly Pruning, etc).
- Visit Schedule Name: give it a name that makes the most sense to you. For example, Mowing (40 visit package), or Mowing - Gold Package, 40 Visit Mowing Package, etc.
- Schedule Interval: there are three options, WEEKLY (allows you to set a start and end date with weekly intervals in between for each visit) or MANUAL (whereby you pick a set date per visit) and WAIT LIST for scheduling jobs to your Wait list where you're unsure the specific date it will be done, but know the date range (Fertilization for example)
- Planned Visits: enter the # of visits you wish to set up for this Visit Schedule. This field will be used as a placeholder to compare to the "Est. Visits" below.
- Est. Visits: as you build your Visit Schedule, this field will automatically populate the # of visits based on your schedule parameters. You will reference this # compared to your "Planned Visits" to ensure they match.
- Set Min/Max Days: the days set for your Min/Max will flag any visits that do not comply with the thresholds you set up here. For example, if you set a min/max of 7 days and 14 days, you will receive a warning if you have two visits that have been scheduled LESS than 7 days or MORE than 14 days apart from one another.
- STARTING/ENDING DATE RANGE: click on the date field(s) and a calendar will appear. Click on the date(s) you wish to assign and press SET.
- INTERVAL: enter the weekly frequency within your specified date range (eg. every 1 week, 2 weeks etc.).
- SERVICE TYPE: You will then select the Service Type from the drop-down menu (Don't have your Service Types set up? Click HERE for more information).
- MIN/MAX: if you have this option checkmarked on, you will enter the values for your minimum and maximum parameters for scheduled visits.
- TIME FACTOR: you can reduce or add more time to your visits by entering a % value here. Factors that would impact this could be weather, length of gaps between visits (ie. once every 3 weeks, or winter season). Enter a value of LESS than 100% if you feel this visit might be completed in LESS than the estimated manhours per visit. Enter a value of GREATER than 100% if you feel this visit might be completed in MORE than the estimated manhours per visit.