The purpose of this article is just to give you a quick guide to creating activities in LMN Time. For a complete tutorial, we strongly recommend you watch our video on Activities. Click the button below to view the training video pertaining to setting up your Activities in LMN Time.
In LMN Time, Activities are used to track events that do not relate to time. For instance, you may want to track how much mulch was installed, or how much fertilizer was put down. Activities can also help you track that a service was completed. An Activity might be something as simple as "Mow Completed" or "Salt Applied".
- Login to LMN Time.
- Select Settings.
- Select Activities/Materials on the left-hand menu.
- Select +Activity located on the bottom-right corner.
- Give the Activity a name. (NOTE: your foreman/supervisor will see the name as listed here. Keep your names as simple and easy to understand as possible to eliminate any confusion).
- If you wish to assign Units for this Activity, assign the value here (for example, bags of salt, linear feet, square feet, etc.). This feature is optional and can be left blank (for example, for simple 'yes/no' activities).
- Billing Type: the following are explanations of each of them
- Not Billable: this will be selected for Activities that are not being tracked for billing your customers (ie. simple yes/no checklists, the Activity was already part of the contract and the customer is not being billed above and beyond for)
- Per Unit: a billing report will be generated by multiplying the Rate (which appears after you select Billing Type) by the quantity of units your foreman/supervisor enter on their LMN Time app. (ie. $40 per bag of salt, will then be multiplied by the quantities of bags entered).
- Per App (Variable): similar to the Per Unit, except this could be used to track based on a per application basis. The difference being is that decimal places can be entered here and then multiplied against the Rate (ie. you charge $200 for an entire lawn to be aerated, but if only half is done, your customer will be billed $100).
- Per App (Fixed): regardless of whatever quantity is entered by your foremen, the Rate will be charged based on what you enter (ie. whether your foremen enters 0.5 or 5, the same fixed rate will be billed).
- Service Dates allows you to configure how the activity will show up on invoices. You can choose from:
- Hide Dates: Don't show service date, just the line item for billing
- Show Date: Include the date the work was completed on the invoice
- Show Date + Time: Include the date and time work was completed on the invoice
- Taxable - indicates whether to charge the customer sales tax for this material/activity
- Invoice Description: this is the default, customer-friendly description for this activity/material that will appear on the invoice (you can customize this description for each job later)
- Flag for Review - this will add a special flag + color for this item when generating invoices. The purpose is to ensure your invoicing staff pay special attention to the accuracy of this item when invoicing.