The purpose of this article is just to give you a quick guide to creating hourly rates in LMN Time
Start by creating your job. You can create a new job, or import an estimate.
Before any Rates can be added to the Job, ensure you have created the Rates beforehand. If you haven't already done so, please visit the following "Setting Up Rates In LMN Time" article. You will also have the ability to add a new Rate within the Job as seen in Step 3.
IMPORTANT: Once you clock-in to a task, you cannot switch back and forth between
SETTING UP YOUR TASKS AS "BILLABLE-BY-THE-HOUR"
Access the Job you wish to track for Hourly Billing, and click on Tasks on the left hand-side.
- Click on the Task you wish to track for Hourly Billing
- Ensure the Track hours and rates for billing-by-the-hour?
ADDING A RATE
To add a Rate to a Job, access the Job in question and select Hrly Rates on the left-hand menu.
- Click on the +Add Rates.
- Next, LMN will load all the Rates from your company settings. You can either:
- Use an existing rate
- Use an existing rate, but change the hourly amount for this specific job
- Create a brand new rate if the one you need doesn't exist
*PLEASE NOTE: the Rates entered here are for DEMO purposes only and are not meant to be taken as factual rates to be used in your company
- On the Add Rates screen, checkmark the Rate(s) you wish to add to this Job.
- You'll notice the Rate Amount now changes to a text box. If you need to change the rate amount for this job, you can do this now.
- If you wish to create a new rate, select the Add New button and enter all the necessary values for your new rate. Your new rate will be added to this job, and to the Settings section.
- Press OK.